Registration is open for the 16th Annual Leadership Program for Physicians and Leaders in Long Term Care, November 8 and 9 at the Pan Pacific Vancouver. Join an engaging faculty and colleagues from across the province and further a field for an inspiring two days of dialogue and learning. Discuss new paradigms, latest research, quality improvement initiatives that focus on some of the most vulnerable in the long term care population.
Key note speaker: Dr. Al Power
Dr. Power is an internist, geriatrician, skilled educator and published author, including his transformative book Dementia Beyond Drugs: Changing the Culture of Care. He is internationally respected for his work challenging the use of antipsychotic medications for people living with dementia. He is the Schlegel Chair in Aging and Dementia Innovation at Schlegel-University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging, and clinical associate professor of medicine at the University of Rochester, New York.
Overview of Topics
Keynote Presentations by G. Allen Power, MD, FACP:
- Transforming the Culture of Aged Care: Shifting Paradigms
- Rethinking Dementia: A Well-being Approach
Program topics include:
- Opioid Use Disorder in Long Term Care: A Providence Health Care Initiative
- Quality Improvement in Long Term Care: Appropriate Use of Antipsychotics
- Pain Management: The Latest Strategies
- LGBTQ: Issues and Supports in Long Term Care
- Parkinson's Disease
- Communication Initiatives to Support Cultural Needs
- Building Partnerships with Families
- Promoting Brain Health and Wellness at the Frontlines of Care
- Substance Use Disorders among Older Adults: Opioids and Cannabis
Accommodation is available at the Pan Pacific Vancouver from November 7th to 10th, 2019 at a single/double rate of $209.00 per night plus applicable taxes for Deluxe Double-Double or Deluxe King rooms. An upgrade option is available for a Deluxe Harbour Room at a rate of $249.00 per night plus applicable taxes. Please book your accommodation before October 8th, 2019. Early booking is advised.
Reservations ID: STPA1119 (Please quote to the Reservations Agent)
Reservations Direct Phone: 604-662-3223
Reservations Direct Fax: 604-895-2469
Toll-Free Numbers: 1-800-663-1515 (Canada)/ 1-800-937-1515 (USA)